This salmon salad recipe is a “meat salad,” similar in concept to tuna salad. Cooked meat and mayonnaise “salads” can be traced to America’s founding with meat salads popular main dish recipes in the 1800s. Leftovers combined with mayonnaise were also served on top of lettuce for lunch. Hearty and healthy, this recipe could also serve as a main dish with a side of vegetables. Using fresh, quality salmon is the key for best results.
Recipe Servings: 4
- Toss salmon and eggs together in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine bell pepper, cucumber, onion, and mayonnaise.
- Add seasonings and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture over salmon. Add lemon juice and toss lightly.
- Serve over lettuce or as a sandwich filling.
Recipe introduction and directions © Copyright 2016-2023 World Trade Press. All rights reserved.