This salad is a showcase for many ingredients of significance to Oregon, including cheese, apples, and hazelnuts. Oregon grows almost all the country’s hazelnuts, a tree nut that is also known as filbert or cobnut. Dressed with tart vinegar and oil, this salad has both sweet and savory flavors, and the nuts, cheese, and fruit add heft to this salad, allowing it to serve as a light meal.
Recipe Servings: 2
- Whisk oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper Iarge bowl until well blended.
- Add salad greens and toss to coat in dressing.
- In small pan over medium heat, add hazelnuts and cook about 4–7 minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove nuts from heat and roughly chop.
- Place salad greens in a serving bowl and layer with apple slices, cheese, and a sprinkle of hazelnuts.
Recipe introduction and directions © Copyright 2016-2023 World Trade Press. All rights reserved.