This recipe is a twist on a classic. Catfish, with its firm texture, is a hardy fish strong enough to work with barbecue sauce and vegetables. One variation is to use tilapia, as this is another firm fish. A tomato-based barbecue sauce is recommended for this savory and satisfying dish.
Recipe Servings: 2
- Season diced catfish with salt.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes, until softened.
- Stir in paprika and cook for another minute.
- Add catfish and continue cooking for another minute, stirring often.
- Blend in barbecue sauce and lower heat to simmer. Let simmer until sauce is thickened, about 10–12 minutes.
- Butter the rolls and place them cut side down in a skillet. Toast until lightly browned.
- Serve hot.
Recipe introduction and directions © Copyright 2016-2023 World Trade Press. All rights reserved.